Thursday, August 21, 2014

Review: Isla and the happily ever after by Stephanie Perkins


Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Publication date: August 2014
Publisher: Dutton Books
Read: August 2014
Pages: 339
Rating: 

Summary

From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.

Review

Ohmygosh! This book was so A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! If you read my review on Lola and the boy next door , I wasn't really happy about it and I was hoping this one would be better and it was. I really had so much fun reading this. The way I felt about Anna & Etienne, I loved Isla and Josh just as much. I really can relate to Isla, I see a lot of myself in her. She made stupid decisions and she got really annoying like you literally want to smack her in the face. But If I was in her position, I would've done the same thing because I don't really trust myself and I'm not willing to take big risks. However, after reading this book, it made me realize that it's better to take risks on love especially when you love the person so much because later on, you'll hate yourself for not trusting him, his love and your relationship. So what if you'll get brokenhearted? You will learn from that mistake and what if he was the one and you let him go? You'd spend the rest of your life with guilt and regrets. 

Favorite quotes

"Merci," I say."You're welcome.""Thanks," I say."De rien."
Not that Josh would ever fall for me.But I wouldn't want to ruin any chance.Even though I don't have a chance.But just in case I do.Even though I don't.
"I like that you're tiny. I like that I could carry you around in my pocket."
"It must be difficult to remember when your brain is smaller than your penis. Which, rumor has it, isn't that big in the first place."


No comments:

Post a Comment