Saturday, March 14, 2015

Review: Blurred Lines (The Line Between #1.5) by Tamsyn Bester

Genre: New Adult Romance
Publication date: February 24th, 2015
Publisher: Tamsyn Bester
Read: March 2015
Rating: 4/5

Summary:
Hot on the heels of the International Bestselling novel, The Line Between, comes the much-anticipated sequel, Blurred Lines. 

Jade Matthews and Reid Cole have been best friends all their lives. He was the boy who chased away the monsters from under her bed, and she was the girl he knew he was going to spend the rest of his life with. 

But even friendships aren’t always built to last. 

This is a story about two best friends who’s lives change after one night – a night that not even Fate could have stopped. In the aftermath, Reid and Jade lose their friendship, but soon come to find that they were destined to be so much more. 

**Due to language and sexual situations this book is intended for readers older than 18. Although it is about two supporting characters from The Line Between, it is not recommended as a standalone. If you don’t like somewhat clichéd stories, this book isn’t for you. HEA. No cliffy**

My review:

I enjoyed reading Jade and Reid's story. Not as much as Dane and Kennedy, but I still liked it. I'm happy that they had their own book because after reading The Line Between, I was really curious about these two. I wasn't a fan of  Jade and Reid's girlfriend Stella. I have to admit that it was predictable, but that's not really a problem. Stella was so cruel and annoying, but that's not it. The way Jade acted around her pissed me off too. Like she acted so jealous and I didn't even think she made any effort hiding it. Reid was trying to move on, because hello? Jade pushed him away. Stella had the right to be jealous, but Jade? She has no right to act jealous and hurt because she did that to herself. It's not Reid's fault that he wasn't talking to her or not going out with her. She literally just shoved him off.  In The Line Between, Jade was kick-ass, brave and I thought she was a girl who doesn't give a crap about anyone who hurts her, but I didn't see that Jade in this book. 

That was a negative review, but I'll explain why I gave it a 4/5 stars. There were a lot of parts where I was hoping things would happen and they did. I really liked Reid's character, not because he's hot, but he was someone I'd want to be friends with. What I loved about him is how committed he was in a friendship and relationship. Even if Jade wanted to erase him from her life, he was still there for her, he still cared. When Stella did  something bad, he didn't get mad at her right away after his friends told him what she really did. He didn't do judge or anything until he knew what really happened, except in a part that I won't mention because it's a spoiler. 

Book 1 of The Line Between Series ---> Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment