Sunday, March 1, 2015

Review: Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu

Genre: Dystopian/ YA
Publication date: January 29th, 2013
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Read: February 2015
Pages: 371
Rating: 5/5

Summary:
Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic's most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots - a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games? 

My review:

This second book was a great read like the first one. It took me a lot longer to finish it because of school but I still enjoyed it from the beginning until the end. I feel like June and Day's relationship was more solid in this book. There were still doubts on both sides but we all know they both love each other even if one of them still didn't admit it. I was really torn on who to believe. The Patriots? or Anden? In the beginning I was with the Patriots because they helped Day and June heal, but at some point I believed what Anden was saying. When I got to know more about his character, I learned to trust him. He seemed very kind and honest and was different from his father. Like June, even though I had a feeling Anden was telling the truth, I still thought he was lying. Tess was really annoying, I don't really know why. She was a great friend and I knew why she was acting that way around Day and June, but I still find her character disturbing. If you perhaps didn't enjoy the first book that much, you should give this second book a chance. There was a plot twist near the end that somewhat shattered my heart into millions of pieces. 
Legend (Legend #1) Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment