Thursday, July 2, 2015

BOOK RECOMMENDATION: YA CONTEMPORARY

If you haven't read any of these books, you totally need to pick them up if you love Contemporary Romance.

1. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

It talks about a girl who is popular at school, who has a perfect family, perfect group of friends and a perfect boyfriend. She gets paired up with the school's latino bad boy Alex Fuentes in her chemistry lab class.

They both don't like each other, but as they spend more time together, she realizes he's not as bad as she thought he was and he realizes she's not as perfect as he thought she was.

This book was a really cute and funny love story. There is a love/hate relationship which I realy enjoyed reading. It was very entertaining and I totally recommend it to all you YA lovers.

2. Rules Of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

This book is about Alex Fuentes' younger brother Carlos who gets in trouble and has to live with his brother's former professor. There, he meets the professor's daughter Kiara. Kiara is a good girl and definitely not Carlos' type. As Carlos spends more time with Kiara's family, he begins to think more about what he wants to do with his life. He, then falls in love with Kiara, but is she worth all the sacrifices he has to make?

I loved this book as much as I did with the first one in the series. I loved the main characters, especially Kiara. She's different from all the other female protagonist I've read in the contemporary romance genre. I love Simone Elkeles' writing and I recommend you read her books!

3. Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland

Now this one, I don't really hear much about it which is a shame because it's a really good book. It talks about a girl named Cricket who has a best friend named Jules. Every summer, Jules and her family goes to Nantucket. One summer, they invited Cricket to go with them until they heard the bad news.
Since then, Jules has been different and Cricket is no longer invited to join them in Nantucket. Then, Cricket ends up actually going there since she was offered a summer job. On her journey in Nantucket, she falls in love with someone she never expected to have feelings for and she tries to fix her friendship with Jules.

I honestly bought this book because of its cover. I mean it's gorgeous! I'm so glad the story was good though or this would be a waste even though the cover is pretty. I recommend it to readers who enjoyed Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler and other YA readers of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment